Holla peeps! I follow Strawberry Singh’s blog religiously…who doesn’t? So I decided this week I would do her Intriguing Questions meme.
You can do it too!
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post. Delete my answers and input your own. Please leave a comment for me with your answers OR a link to your blog post with these questions! I would love to see your thoughts. 😉
- How do you deal with criticism? In SL I usually just brush it off but in RL I have a hard time not taking it personally.
- What’s the most infuriating thing other SL residents do? The thing that some SL residents do that infuriates me is act like someone they are not. They do or say things that they would never do in RL because they have the “convenience” of anonymity in hiding behind their computer.
- Which SL resident would you most like to have lunch with and why? There are several I can think of but probably the person I’m most interested in having lunch with is Xantheanne because I really admire her and look up to her as a blogger. Plus, she is darn sweet and cute!
- Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration? Well, this is going to divulge a lot about me (that I like reality TV) but I would have to say Aaryn Gries from Big Brother 15. It is just on my mind and heart right now. She is a racist homophobic ignorant person and I think she is unfortunately a great example of hate in our society and world. She infuriates me beyond belief. Please, NO one be like her…
- What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? I used to enjoy DJing. No one in particular ruined it for me. I just got burnt out on it I suppose. I am still addicted to music though!
- What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about? I want to be on a reality show in RL. 😉 shh don’t tell anyone.
- What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you? In RL I have curly hair and sometimes it gets very frizzy (which really bothers me). I actually had an ex-boyfriend call me “Fuzzy Pumpkin.” It still makes me mad when I think about it. 😛
- Have you ever fallen in love with another SL resident? Yes. In fact, my darling boyfriend, Kevin, and I met through Second Life. We have been together in RL for almost two years now. 🙂
- Describe a time/event in your slife that you’re nostalgic for. I miss the days when I used to host and DJ at this certain club. It was my first year or two in SL. There was little drama and it was all about meeting people and having fun. I was able to really hone my decorating and DJing skills as well, which were new and exciting to me.
- What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you? I would love to have someone either hire me in SL to decorate and design their sim or help me start a business doing it. Sim design is something I have always done for my own land and I would love to have someone help me do it for a business in SL.
Returning to the subject of question two, another thing people do in SL that bothers me is sticking to gender stereotypes because they are afraid of what people might think.
Be who you are!
In my personal RL style I enjoy wearing t-shirts and jeans and hoodies most of the time. In SL, I really do enjoy the high class and high fashion girly dresses and accesories but I also love the other end of the spectrum. By that I mean I love wearing clothes designed for men too. haha. I love seeing androgynously-dressed women in SL because they just are doing what they love and being who they are and do not heed to the societal pressure of sticking to gender roles in fashion. Do not tell Kevin I told you (shh!)…he is a very manly guy who is comfortable and confident with himself. So much so that he has worn girls’ jeans in SL a few times because he liked the style of them better than boring mens’ jeans. Plus, his favorite color is hot pink!
I love my guy… 😉
With all that said, Kev and I wanted to show off the new men’s group gift from Spearsong. It is a super cool free mesh hoodie that says “I ❤ Electro House.” I hope you enjoy it like I do!
Hairbase:: Tinybird – Light Blondes (Closed)
Hair:: Magika Hair – Sonia
Pants:: Rotten Defiance – Patchwork Pants
Shoes:: Envious – Caution Shoes
Hair:: *Drot* The Josh- Light Brown
Shape:: HS : Zero Shape
Skin:: HS : Mew 2 : 3 : Soul patch
Shoes:: *Base13* BLuE monSTA sUprA
Pants:: Klam Designs – Shawn Outfit Black Pant
Location:: Photo Square